Prevention of Suicide and Self-Harm Workshop
Prevention of Suicide and Self-Harm - One Day Workshop
COST : €110 (€50 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT) WHICH INCLUDES TEA/ COFFEE/ BISCUITS.
CPD HOURS : 6 HOURS.
ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATES WILL BE ISSUED ON THE DAY.
PLACES LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS.
This Workshop is experiential in nature, addressing the needs of people who are suicidal and engaging in self-harm and those who respond to them. It will build confidence and assurance in responding to such issues.
This workshop is suitable for Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Psychologists, Social Care Workers, Teachers, Guidance Counsellors and other Allied Professionals.
Overview of Workshop:
- Suicide and Self-harm in Ireland today.
- Myths and Facts of Suicide and Self-Harm
- If someone tells you that they are suicidal, do you respond or react?
- Where does confidentiality start and end?
- Increased risk level for completed suicide and how to assess the level of risk.
- The relationship between Self-Harm and Suicide and the appropriate and inappropriate ways to respond to Self-Harm and Suicide
- The appropriate language to use when speaking about Self-Harm and Suicide
- Managing your own self-care
Time 10am to 4pm
Venue: The Springfield Hotel, Leixlip, Co. Kildare
Limited number of places available. Early booking advisable.
To book your place click the Add To Cart button at the top of the page or for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01-5715560.