Understanding Child & Adolescent Behaviours in Residential Care Workshop
Understanding Child & Adolescent Behaviours in Residential Care - One Day Workshop
- COST : €110 (€50 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT) WHICH INCLUDES TEA/ COFFEE/ BISCUITS.
- CPD HOURS : 6 HOURS.
- ATTENDANCE CERTIFICATES WILL BE ISSUED ON THE DAY.
- PLACES LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS.
Athena, The Academy for Mental Health and Well-Being would like to present a full day’s workshop specifically tailored for those working in Residential Care units. The aim of the workshop is to focus on the challenging behaviours Children and Adolescents are struggling with and the impact these behaviours have on staff. This workshop is open to both agencies and individuals that may include House Managers, keyworkers, social workers, etc.
These behaviours may consist of risk taking, self-harm, suicide attempts and ideation, depression and anxiety, bullying, withdrawal from peers and isolation, and consistent conflict with those in their environment.
The day will explore how and why these challenges are manifested and will include a clearer understanding for participants in the following:
- The understanding of early childhood Trauma and the development of unhealthy coping mechanisms.
- Attachment, lack of attunement, trust, rejection leading to the sabotaging of relationships with the carer.
- An Understanding and how to respond to self-harm and suicide ideation.
- Rebuilding the relationship and empowering the adolescent.
- Identifying personal impact and creating awareness and self-care .
Date : TBA
Time : 10am to 4pm
Venue : The Springfield Hotel, Leixlip, Co. Kildare
Limited number of places available. Early booking advisable.
To book your place click the Add To Cart button at the top of the page or for more information please contact email@example.com or by phone on 01-5715560.